Wikispaces Classroom is now free, social, and easier than ever.
Try it today.
Pages and Files
Bullying and the Law
Education to prevent bullying and coping methods
Graphing Calculator Help
Ideas for this wiki
Important Info for Teachers
Add "All Pages"
This wiki is being created to support and provide resources to new math teachers and math student teachers around the world - a place where teachers can share ideas, resources, activities, and reflections. Having been all levels of math teachers and mentors for many years and working with student teachers, we know how support can help develop awesome, passionate teachers.
Who should join this Wiki?
If you are a Middle School or High School math student teacher, new math teacher, or teacher with experience who is devoted to learning and mentoring new teachers - join us!
Help make this wiki grow and work for you.... Contribute to
Ideas for this Wiki
What you can find on this Wiki...an ever growing/changing list!
Important Info for Teachers
- Things important enough to think about and reflect on
Applying and Interviewing
for a teaching position
Starting the School Year
- Tips and Tricks
Working with parents
Working with Groups
State Stadards in Mathematics
and test anxiety - Are they the same? How do you eliminate or minimize their effects on student achievement?
Questioning and Engaging Students
How do I
- Have your iPad/iPhone
grade your assessments
What do you do and think about
Understanding student work
- reflections on student work
Coaching and Leading
Manipulatives and Math Tools
- measurement tools, manipulatives, virtual manipulatives, & supplies for the classroom
Math Technology Tools
- sketchpad, sketchup, geogebra, and more
Tech Tools for the Classroom
- Game creation tools (including ideas for using Angry Birds), QR Codes, online calculators, Google tools, and much more!
Math with an iPad
- Social Networks for the Connected Educator (twitter, pinterest, facebook, more)
to use in the classroom
Math Lessons on
Math in careers
- this might help you answer the question, "When are we ever going to use this?"
Math and Literature
- resources, books & reviews
ideas - math lessons, websites, etc.
- famous mathematicians and more
to consider joining
and Blogs worth reading and signing up for
to think about - teaching, education, students, and more
- find funding for those amazing projects or to acquire technology
to math resources that fit in many places or don't seem to fit in any particular one!
Curriculum Resources - Whether you are teaching a traditional or integrated curriculum, we hope that these resources/activities will be able to find in these categories.
Links to an assortment of
math lesson plans
Pre-Calculus and College Algebra
Stats and Probability
I put this outside all of the links because it honestly belongs in all of them.
VISIT HERE NOW. It is super cool. I promise.
- ideas and resources that don't seem to fit anywhere else yet!
Click on the help link above to learn more about how to use your wiki.
Student Teacher Assignments
files and Links
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"